In this lesson,we shall learn about something or an action that we have already completed. In this case,we say the ACTION IS PAST.We call it SIMPLE PAST TENSE.The simple past is formed by adding 'ed' to the regular verb.
For example:
1.She washed her faced.
2.He walked towards his friends house.
3.I reported the thief to the policeman.
4.We prayed to God
5.He brushed his teeth.
So,all this sentences are in the simpe past..
CHANGE THE SIMPLE PRESENT SENTENCES INTO SIMPLE PAST
We can change it by adding "ed" to the regular verbs.
For example:1. I walk to school.
Ans: I walked to school.
2. Ali prays at the mosque.
Ans: Ali prayed at the mosque.
3. You climb the tree.
Ans: You climbed the tree
4. kofi kicks .
Ans: Kofi kicked.
5. Mariam answers her questions correctly.
Ans: Mariam answered her questions correctly.
6. He shouts at me.
Ans: He shouted at me.
NB:Regular verbs are those who past tense are formed by adding 'ed'.
EXAMPLES OF REGULAR VERBS BY ADDING 'ed' .
Accept,Add,Admit,Earned,Dealt,Clip,Clap,Branch,Avoid,Cracked,Confess,borrow,Clear etc.
Click on the link below to listen to the audio section of the lesson.........👇👇
https://drive/simplepast/view?usp=drivesdk
EXERCISE
Change the verbs into simple past.1.I jump ----------
2.You pray -----------
3.We listen -----------
4.They ask -----------
5.kwame walks ----------
ASSIGNMENT
Change the following sentences from the simple present into the simple past.1.I collect the money.
2.We wash our school uniform.
3.They ask him about it.
4.Andy walks to Church.
5.Sakyi picks the sticks from the ground.


0 Comments